I can't visit a knitting blog these days without running into a review of Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting: Go Beyond the Basics, Debbie Stoller's new addition to Stitch N Bitch oeuvre. I'm not complaining, I'm intrigued. Stitch N Bitch Nation was an introduction to contemporary knitting for me back in 2004. I never ended up knitting anything from the book, but it did introduce me to the idea that knitters congregate to relieve stress, get knitting assistance and enhance the old yarn stash.
So here I am, 6 years into my knitting habit addiction hobby and I'm wondering how I will respond to this latest book. I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to visit my local Borders to check it out.
It's funny how nostalgic everyone gets when a new Stitch N Bitch comes out.
- Elliphantom talks about her contribution to the book and here's her review
- Hipknitizer attended a Debbie Stoller book signing
- Crazyknittinglady's review is very persuasive. I especially like the idea about learning how to cable without a cable needle
- Canada's Leader Post Newspaper has a nice piece on Debbie Stoller
- My Zigzag Stitch has an excellent review
What knitting books are you guys checking out these days?