First let me introduce you to a fabulous Etsy seller. Lamina's Closet, AKA Lamina The Great. I won't lie to you, she was kind enough to send me some woolly batts when she heard that I wanted to learn how to use a drop spindle. However, the wool she sent me put me over the moon. I have very little experience with spinning, but the fiber she sent was of such a quality that I think I am an instant convert. As she says everything in her shop is handmade by the Queen of the Universe. Also check out her learn to spin group on Ravelry!
Nomsa makes some really sweet hair accessories and jewely, which you can find in their Etsy shop. I have a special occasion coming up this fall (which you may hear more about this summer) and I know I want to get one of Nomsa's headbands -maybe even possibly one of the feathered ones.
Anyhoo here are some of the highlights from the last week at KnitLuck
* We found a knit night at a tattoo shop in Oakland -and update to the article, the next knit night will be at Diving Swallow Tattoo on Wednesday, May 6th.
* We added a WindowShop, a little showcase of online crafts sellers. Mother's Day is coming up. Give those Etsy and Artfire sellers a try!
* I shared my love of the Berocco web site and then evaluated a couple of other sites recommended by some fellow twitterers.
* We had an update on Goddess Yarns.
* I found some Punk Rock stitch markers too.
* And thanks to Lamina's Closet I learned how to use a drop spindle.
See below for the code.
> Rose Kim Knits
> Nutmeg Knitter
> Random Knits
> Confessions of a Yarn Addict
> Project Stash
> Breathe In Two Three Four
> Queer Joe's Knitting Blog
> An Old German's Knitting Blog
> Knitting to Stay Sane
> Minding My Own Stitches
> Barf Green is Best
> Dayana Knits
> Thread Panda
> Pumpkin Sunrise
> Peacefully Knitting
> Mis Lanitas
> Stash Shop Blog
I'm Angela. I'm an obsessed knitter.
Blogging about knitting since 2004.
What's going on now?
To sum up: husband has a job after two layoffs in 2013. Husband has been laid off for the fourth time in two years due to companies cancelling projects. I have two kids under the age of 5, we just moved in with my mother in law and I think I'm starting to get my mojo back. I've had writer's block for weeks.
What I'm knitting:
Most popular articles: